Edge Taekwondo is a family friendly sports club teaching in the Jidokwan tradition, which teaches a balance of the best traditional techniques, practical self-defence, and modern competition strategies. We practice the WTF (World Taekwondo Federation) style.
Taekwondo classes are available for beginners and advanced learners, including self-defense, traditional techniques, tournament skills, and demonstration techniques.
Trial class is $19.50.
Alan Harlick is our Head instructor and is currently a 5th Dan Black Belt Master and has been involved with Taekwondo for over 20years. Alan is Certified and Accredited with Kikkiwon Taekwondo International Head Quarters in South Korea, which qualifies him to grade any student up to 4th Dan Black Belt. Brett Pearson is a 2nd Dan Black Belt Instructor, specialising in Taekwondo Tournaments and Tournament Training.
There are many benefits to all sports for children, however due to Taekwondo’s structure, children who attend will improve in the following areas:
- Concentration and Memory – Taekwondo students learn complicated movements and patterns, which assists in their concentration and memory development at all levels. They continually learn to coordinate their bodies as a result.
- Self-Discipline – Children in taekwondo learn good self-discipline habits through consistent guidance from our Instructors. This also helps them to gain the self-discipline to keep going when training is tough.
- Courtesy & Respect – Another of the benefits of taekwondo for children is that there is great emphasis on respect and courtesy. Taekwondo kids learn to respect their instructors, respect each other and in time they learn to respect themselves.
- Self Confidence – Training in taekwondo boosts self-confidence and self-esteem in majority of students. We’ve seen children become more sure of themselves and gain the confidence to speak in front of the class.
- Physical Exercise – And one of the huge benefits of taekwondo for children, is that the kids enjoy the physical exercise. They exercise their whole body from top to toe and gain all round physical fitness and better flexibility.