Athletes Code of Conduct – 2020
In addition to Gymnastics Australia’s General Code of behaviour, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by Super Performance Centre, Gymnastics Queensland, Gymnastics Australia or a member association in your role as a participant in any activity held by or under the auspices of Gymnastics Australia, a member association or an affiliated club.
- Respect the rights and worth of fellow participants, coaches, officials and competitors.
- Super Performance Centre has zero tolerance towards acts of aggression.
- Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow participants and competitors.
- Be frank and honest with your coach regarding illness and injury and your ability to train fully within the program requirements.
- Care for and respect the equipment provided to you as part of your program.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality.
- Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times.
- Abide by the rules and respect the decision of all officials, including judges.
- Be honest in your attitude and preparation to training. Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Cooperate with coaches and staff in the development of programs to adequately prepare you for competition at the highest level.
- Never instigate or involve yourselves in any slander, abuse or bullying towards members of our centre and competitors from other training facilities. This includes the use of social media or online forms of communication and texting. This type of behaviour will not be tolerated and may lead to your membership being revoked.
- Do not interfere, hinder or disrupt another athlete’s development or their training through your actions.
- When athlete misbehaves or breaches the code of conduct, the coach will notify Administration Office to make a contact with athlete’s parent or guardian and to make an appointment for a meeting if necessary.
- Social media is not be used in a way that shows disrespect to athletes at SPC or other clubs or towards SPC personnel. Do not use social media in a way that will bring our programs into disrepute.
- Use of personal mobile phones or mobile devices on the floor is Strictly Prohibited.
- If you have any concerns about yours or any other child’s wellbeing please refer to Members and Child Protection Policy or contact Member Protection and Information Officer (MPIO) at: MPIO@SuperPerformanceCentre.com.au